The quality of your life depends on the quality of your inner mental life. Every change in your life has to come from within. If you want your life to develop and get better, you have to improve yourself and work on your personal growth first. Here are some Buddha quotes and guides to help you do that.
- “ The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”
Although all of us have fears, they prevent us from growing and keep us from moving on, they keep us stagnant. Deal with your fears, address them, and overcome them.
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
Start exercising. If you want your mind to be healthy, then your body has to get into perfect shape first. That is the basis for all other developments in your life.
- “To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.”
Get out of your comfort zone. Being too comfortable makes you stagnant. But if you want to grow and develop, try doing something different. Do something you have never done before, do something you are afraid of and learn how to react in new circumstances.
- “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.”
Meditation is the perfect way to stay calm and be more conscious. It teaches you how to observe your thoughts and not let our mind go wild – your goal is to have only positive thoughts and to eliminate any negative energy that negative thinking brings into your life. Try to avoid all of your thoughts about past or future, and concentrate on present. Live in the moment.
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
Why would you want to hold on to any grief or unhappiness from the past? It doesn’t do you any good, just let it go. If you want to become a better person, let go of the past, forgive yourself and move on. That way you will get the feeling of liberation and empowerment and that will encourage you to work even harder on your personal growth.